+1
На рассмотрении

Chromebook

joanna_futch 4 года назад в Voki Classroom обновлен Gil Sideman 4 года назад 3

I tried to use Voki with my students today but the main page wouldn't load on their computers which are all Chromebooks. It was the correct website but none of the graphics and content would load. They are in school virtually so aren't on a school network. Any ideas on why this is happening? 

На рассмотрении

Hello Joanna - 

I'm sorry to hear. This is odd and I could use a bit more info.

Are the students remotely connected to the school network? (I'm thinking perhaps school firewall restriction)

Is the problem limited to student chromebooks? 

Is there anyone not using a chromebook & is that person not experiencing the problem?

Are you yourself seeing the same problem on your computer?

if only on chromebook, are all the chromebooks the same make and model?  Which?

Thank you,

Gil

The Voki Team

They are all on their own their own wifi but I'm not sure about the school network. Attached is a screen shot of what my students are seeing.

Image 137

Hello Joanna - 

Our QA just reviewed loading and working with the Voki site, on several Chromebooks.

No problem was noticed.

My best guess (just a guess) is that the student's chromebooks are perhaps configured by the school to use the school server as a proxy - or to use a VPN connection - either way they are behind the school firewall.

Please check with your IT - and ask them if they could enable web browsing access to the following domains - 

*.voki.com

and

*.oddcast.com

Also - to use the record-by-mic feature (allow students to record their own voice using the computer's mic) - IT will also need to enable:
* Ports 1935, 443 and 80 to access RTMP, RTMP/E, RTMFP, RTMPT & HTTP protocols.

Please try and let me know - I hope this proves to be the reason.

Best,

Gil

Сервис поддержки клиентов работает на платформе UserEcho