Under review

Hi Linda - 

Are the 4 of you using the same ID?  That's implied from your question - and it will not work.

Voki hangouts is designed to enable students to provide their Voki thoughts and comments to teacher specified Topics.

To do that, each student should use their own personal login - as specified and provided to them by their teacher.

So - before using Voki Hangouts - first add your students under Voki Classroom and assign them their usernames and passwords.

btw - there's a great new Voki Hangouts video tutorial that covers this point and many others - available on the Voki support page - https://www.voki.com/site/support

You can watch lesson 1 now, Lesson 2 will be up in a few days.

each lesson is about 10 min and well worth the time.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Gil

Hi Gil,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it's possible that one or more of my students are using my ID. I gave them each a username and password, but they may have been getting in using mine. I'll check that.

I will definitely check out the new tutorials. I prefer Voki over other platforms.

Thank you!

Gil,

This is from a student who had an assignment in a Hangout Topic to speak into the microphone (create a 'Thought" and then to reply to others' thoughts). She is having a lot of trouble. Do you have any ideas to help her? "I have signed into my own account I have tried numerous ways, there are 10 different audio recordings I have tried and none of them seem to work. The best I can do is a typed one where they speak it because as much as I like to talk Voki doesn't want to listen and I am utterly displeased. I have spent way to much time fussing with it for it to not work for me and I am at a great dissatisfaction with the microphone. I have tried recording it and then letting it sit and load I have tried saving it and reopening it, nothing seems to work. I press play and the audio fills the white bar like it played even though there is nothing there. I do not know what else it is that can do."

Thank you,

Linda

Linda - Thank you for this feedback.

We've found that there can be problems to record for users with low upload bandwidth, and specifically on Mac Safari browser.

We're looking at both of these issues - and I hope to have an improvement before long.

Very sorry about the student's frustration. For now I suggest to tell students that if the recording does not work well - use the text-to-speech input instead for the moment.

Regards,

Gil

ps. is the student working on a Mac?

Yes. Thank you for the response.