Аяқталған

Students cannot record for 90 seconds in Voki Classroom

Lynda 3 year бұрын updated by Gil Sideman 3 year бұрын 8

I have used Voki Classroom for years without a problem.  But now students and I are having trouble.  We get the message "time limit exceeded" every time we try to save.  This has happened with one student after another.  Gupreet logged into my account and created a test, stating that I should try another browser or computer, or empty my browser cache.  None of these steps helped me or my students.  At this point,Voki Classroom is an embarrassment to my instruction and could affect student evaluations of my course.  I am requesting a shared screen support meeting as soon as possible.  It is unacceptable for a company as large as Oddcast to provide such poor support for their product.

Answer

Answer

Hi Lynda - 

The problem has been fixed. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Please let us know if you encounter any further issue.

Best regards,

Gil

Under review

Hi Lynda - 

We're looking into it. Can you tell me if there's a certain length of audio recording that works - or does it always fail?

Which platform and browser are the students using? Are they on Mac? Any additional information will be helpful.

Thanx

Gil

Gurpreet is reaching out to you now to schedule a screen share session so he can see the problem.

Our QA team has also been asked to review. 

Please tell me:

* Does this also happen to you or to students from their homes? or only at the school

* does the recording fail only when it is long?  how long?  or does it always fail?

* any specific browser or type of computer used when it fails?

Thanx

I am trying to gather that information, but at any rate, it should work on Mac.  Half of my students have Mac platform.  We have tried several browsers.  Does not seem to matter the length of the recording.  Maybe my class site has become corrupted.  How much longer do I have to wait to schedule a screen sharing meeting?

as noted - we have what we need for the moment. We see the problem. On it. 

and yes, of course it should work on Mac.

I provided my availability to Gurpreet and I have not heard back from him.  Again, a delay and no resolution.  The problem occurs consistently.  

Lynda - 

We've been able to recreate the problem & are looking into it now. It is not necessary to have a session with Gurpreet. 

I'll follow up with more information asap.

Best,

Gil

Answer

Hi Lynda - 

The problem has been fixed. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Please let us know if you encounter any further issue.

Best regards,

Gil