+3
Under review

I created a voki this morning, then emailed it to myself to test it. While the link works to open the voki site, when I click the play button on the voki, it doesn't actually play.

Michelle 8 year бұрын updated by Gil Sideman 7 year бұрын 9

I created a voki this morning, then emailed it to myself to test it. While the link works to open the voki site, when I click the play button on the voki, it doesn't actually play. And when I copy and paste the voki link from the publish/share site into a new browser window, the voki doesn't play when I click the play button. What is going on? I need to use this for a presentation.

Under review

Hi Michelle -

Can you post a link to your Voki?

when you click on "Share" - you will see thta one of the share options is a link.

grab that link and post it here if you would - we could then review and advise.

Thanx

Thanks!

We're looking into it.

With the introduction of the new site we are facing several unexpected problems.

Thanks for your patience...

Gil

THIS IS TERRIBLE I HAD 2 AVATARS THAT WORKED ALL LAST WEEK TODAY ONLY ONE WILL SPEAK AND I HAVE A PRESENTATION IN 3 DAYS I DO NOT LIKE VOKI AT ALL VERY DISAPPOINTED

Hi Melzitta -

The new update affected only scenes using recorded audio.

We expect to have a fix sometime tomorrow.

If you can't wait - please use Text-To-Speech audio - which works fine.

Regards,

Gil

We are having problems with the Text-To-Speech as well. The sample avatar speaks all the text but when published only some words work and we cannot embed the Share url code into our eportfolios but have always previously been able to do so

Hi Anna -

You bring up two issues.

1. Embedding into eportfolios -

With Voki 2.0 we've deprecated the use of Flash for Voki playback - and rely instead on HTML5 and Javascript (because browser support for Flash has been in decline).

However - we have heard from many Voki customers that the previous (now deprecated) embed code functioned better for them. This is apparently because some sites refuse to allow Javascript.

Consequently we are looking to restore the previous embed code as an option. This may take several days to complete.

2. TTS not working on playback -

Problems that were described by other posts on this forum last week have since been resolved. We are not aware of any remaining problem with TTS.

Would be helpful to see an example. Can you publish a link to your Voki Scene where the problem is evident? We'll take a look and advise.

Regards

Gil

I understand the frustration, Anna. I lost two created text-to-speech Voki's last week using a "free limited" account; I was not "allowed" to publish them, thus, they were not saved to my account. Today, I started over and upgraded with hopes of paying for a subscription after the 15-day trial. Oh, I was finally able to email my "test" Voki video this time, but as a link back to Voki's full webpage; which showed a tiny little image of what I'd created. And, now I'm reading all this about embedding conflicts...doesn't sound too promising.

Hi Phyl -

Some of the comments in this thread are from 12 months ago, just as we were introducing Voki 2.0 and HTML5 playback. Things were in flux that have since been long resolved.

If you run into any problems please let us know.

Specifically - I did not understand this comment -

> ...as a link back to Voki's full webpage; which showed a tiny little image of what I'd created

Can you please explain the problem and post a link to your page where this issue can be seen?

Thanks!

Gil