Answered

HTML5 and Javascript

Jeff 6 years ago in Voki FAQs updated by Gil Sideman 3 years ago 3

Any news or plans to upgrade voki to use JavaScript or some other web technology? Flash is pretty much at end of life.

Answer

Answer

I came across this old post - and for avoidance of doubt, I'd like to clarify that in keeping with technology updates, the last vestiges of Flash technology were removed from the product about 3 years ago.

Like many other rich media and animation products, Voki did have its technical origins using Flash technology, which was the leading solution at the time.  But as technology evolved. and other solutions became available, Flash was gradually deprecated from platforms and browsers. Consequently Voki was migrated to use HTML5 technology, which is universally supported, including on mobile devices.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gil

The Voki Team

Under review

Hi Jeff - 

A quick update - 

Created characters play in HTML5 (for over two years now) - it is only the editor that is still in Flash.

And users on mobile devices can use our mobile app for editing ( available for iOS and Android )

As for the Voki editor - an HTMl5 version is in the works and will replace the current Flash editor soon.  

Most likely before the start of the upcoming school year.

Best regards,

Gil

Answer

I came across this old post - and for avoidance of doubt, I'd like to clarify that in keeping with technology updates, the last vestiges of Flash technology were removed from the product about 3 years ago.

Like many other rich media and animation products, Voki did have its technical origins using Flash technology, which was the leading solution at the time.  But as technology evolved. and other solutions became available, Flash was gradually deprecated from platforms and browsers. Consequently Voki was migrated to use HTML5 technology, which is universally supported, including on mobile devices.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gil

The Voki Team