Answered

Depreciated Voki Flash Editor

standart mode 4 years ago updated by Gil Sideman 4 years ago 2

Hi,

Is there any place I could find the old free edition of the Flash editor? It had a significant feature I used to play around with, that being the ability to resize and move a character within the scene. I haven't found anything that can do this in the HTML5 editor. Alternatively, since I'm assuming the distribution of a swf file might cause legal issues, what's stopping that feature from being added to the HTML5 editor?

Answer

Answer
Under review

Hello!

That's a great question.

In designing the HTML5 Voki editor (several years ago now) we had settled on a certain set of features - and correctly or mistakenly it was thought that movement and placement of the Voki character within the Scene frame was not necessary, and does potentially lead to problems. In an effort to "keep it simple" and concentrate on the core functionality - we decided as we did, with each Voki character centrally placed & scaled according to that character's unique design.

I would not rule out a reversal of this decision, but, since the HTML5 Editor was launched, I believe this is the first time that this issue has been raised by a customer. 

To answer your question more specifically - the Flash editor is deprecated and we cannot make it available (even if we did, browsers are on track to stop supporting Flash later this year).

We do offer a speaking character product for business use which does offer this and many other features not available in Voki - not sure if relevant for your needs, but please do check out www.sitepal.com.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,

Gil

Answer
Under review

Hello!

That's a great question.

In designing the HTML5 Voki editor (several years ago now) we had settled on a certain set of features - and correctly or mistakenly it was thought that movement and placement of the Voki character within the Scene frame was not necessary, and does potentially lead to problems. In an effort to "keep it simple" and concentrate on the core functionality - we decided as we did, with each Voki character centrally placed & scaled according to that character's unique design.

I would not rule out a reversal of this decision, but, since the HTML5 Editor was launched, I believe this is the first time that this issue has been raised by a customer. 

To answer your question more specifically - the Flash editor is deprecated and we cannot make it available (even if we did, browsers are on track to stop supporting Flash later this year).

We do offer a speaking character product for business use which does offer this and many other features not available in Voki - not sure if relevant for your needs, but please do check out www.sitepal.com.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,

Gil