Answered

Credit card charged even though I requested a cancellation

Michelle 8 years ago updated by Concerned user 6 years ago 4

Hi, I repeatedly contacted Customer Support using the form on the Voki site before my 15 day "free" trial ended, requesting that my Voki Presenter account be cancelled. I also unchecked the automatic bill option and removed the payment option I'd provided when I'd signed up for the trial. I received my credit card bill last month and saw that I had still been charged $29.95. I never received any response from Customer Support, and I never received a response from Voki when I submitted this same ticket as a private message 3 weeks ago. I would like a refund for the Voki Presenter charge ASAP and would like to cancel my Voki Presenter account.

Answer

Answer

A quick follow up - we have since confirmed that there was indeed a problem with the billing process in the first 3 weeks after the launch of the new Voki site. We were charging our customers on signup (instead of after the 15 day free trial) - this issue was fixed and is no longer a problem.

Apologies to anyone who was affected. Anyone asking for a refund for any reason will of course be refunded per our 30 day money back guarantee policy (regardless of whether they were affected by this problem).

Regards

Gil

Under review

Hi Michelle -

We're not going anywhere and we'll take care of you & provide a refund no worries.

I think there may have been a problem with the form on the new/updated site. We've received other such complaints.

please write a note to support@voki.com and post again here if you don't hear from us in 24 hours (but you will!)

Regards,

Gil

ps.

it is not necessary to contact support to cancel - any customer can cancel auto-billing in their account (go to "my account" at top right menu).

by cancelling auto billing you prevent future billing and allow your account to expire at the end of it's license term.

If you do so during the Free Trial period you will not be charged and your account will expire at the end of the free trial.

Answer

A quick follow up - we have since confirmed that there was indeed a problem with the billing process in the first 3 weeks after the launch of the new Voki site. We were charging our customers on signup (instead of after the 15 day free trial) - this issue was fixed and is no longer a problem.

Apologies to anyone who was affected. Anyone asking for a refund for any reason will of course be refunded per our 30 day money back guarantee policy (regardless of whether they were affected by this problem).

Regards

Gil

I tried voki in May 2017. It was ok but not something I needed once my job changed. I canceled my account. Suddenly in May of 2018 I am getting charged again and have been for at least the last five month!!! I wasn’t even in school!! Why has my account suddenly become active again even though I have not used it in years?!?