+11
Under review

After 2 years, I still can't use Voki with iPad.

Susan Hopper 3 years ago in Voki Classroom • updated by Gil Sideman 2 years ago 5
Over two years ago, I submitted a request for help using Voki on iPad. For months, I was told it was in development. After a long time, I resubmitted my request, and I was told to use the Puffin Academy app.  It freezes all the time.  It's working at this moment, but none of the Vokis in my account have sound when I play them on the iPad.  They have sound when I use a laptop.  (The volume on the iPad is turned up and I can hear sounds coming from other apps and videos.)  Even if we manage to create a Voki through Puffin Academy, students can't share their Vokis so that iPad users can view them.  We publish to create our own Voki URLs.  We post the Voki URL to our website or email it. We can view this Voki on a laptop, but not on the iPad.  The only way I can get iPad users to view the Vokis on their iPads is to play each Voki on my laptop and do a screen capture and export it to our website or send it via email as an attachment.  Try doing that for dozens of students!  Voki used to be fun and engaging.  Now it's just frustrating because it's so unreliable and not compatible with our 1:1 environment.   I feel that Voki needs to do a better job disclosing the inside scoop:  1) Voki is not compatible with iPad.  2) Voki personnel will delete your saved Vokis without any notice even though you have been a paid subscriber for years.

Answer

Answer
Under review
HI Susan,
My name is Heather and I am a new member of Voki's team. I understand your frustrations. I was a teacher for 7 years and the 1:1 piece of education is crucial in giving students the academic attention they need. Let's chat about his. I'd really love to hear your feedback.
Answer
Under review
HI Susan,
My name is Heather and I am a new member of Voki's team. I understand your frustrations. I was a teacher for 7 years and the 1:1 piece of education is crucial in giving students the academic attention they need. Let's chat about his. I'd really love to hear your feedback.
Today I received a rude reply to this concern.  Add Voki's failure to monitor this forum as another concern.  People should not be subjected to name calling here.  
Hi Susan,
We're sorry that you had to be exposed to such a rude reply.  We were able to remove the comment within seconds of it going up.

It's been almost FOUR YEARS and Voki is still not compatible with iPads. We've downloaded Puffin Academy, but we still can't create Vokis on iPads. All of my content was created in computer labs because there is no support for iPad users.

Hi Susan -

We fully appreciate the importance of being able to create characters on mobile devices. We are actively working on a solution which will be available *soon*.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Gil

The Voki Team